THIS POST IS DIRECTED AT BOTH WOMEN AND MEN
If you have the time, please answer as many of the following as honestly as you can:
1. Would you consider yourself a feminist ?
2. Why/why not ?
3. Are you embarassed to call yourself a feminist ? Why/why not ?
4. Are you proud to call yourself a feminist ? Why/why not ?
5. What does feminism mean to you ?
6. What imagery* does the word ‘feminism’ conjure for you ?
7. Do you feel the word ‘feminism’ is appropriate for the movement ?
8. Do you feel that feminism is open to interpretation ?
9. Where does feminism fit into religion [any religion] ?
10. Where does feminism fit into politics [any politics] ?
11. How does feminism differ - if at all - geographically ?
*By ‘imagery’ I mean: “what comes into your head when someone mentions feminism”, not “what does a feminist look like”.
Please don’t be put off if your beliefs differ wildly from my own. This isn’t a debate, I am doing research for my Case Studies project. I won’t judge or attack you or your views, nor will I post them publicly if you don’t want me to. Be as brief or as long-winded as you’d like, I value any help. You can send me a message through my ask, or respond to this post directly.
You can also send me an email, particularly if you’d like to discuss things further: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re giving a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer, please put the question number next to it so I know what you’re answering.
Answer anonymously if you would like. If you’d rather answer with your username visible but would prefer any reference I make to your answer to be anonymous, let me know. Thank you ! XX